NCDA Career Practitioner Institute
"Practical Techniques and Strategies for
Career Development Practitioners"
Session information for the October CPI will be posted at a later date.
Please check back for Online Registration
Thursday, October 15, 2020
7:30 am - 5:00 pm Registration Open
Professional Development Institutes (PDIs) - (optional, additional fee)
4 Continuing Education Contact Hours (CE)
8:00 am - 12:00 pm PDI #1
12:00 - 1:00 pm Lunch On Your Own
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDI #2
Friday, October 16, 2020
8:00 am - 3:30 pm Registration Open
9:00 am - 10:00 am Opening Keynote
10:00 am - 10:15 am Refreshment Break
10:15 am - 11:15 am Presentation Series I (three presentations per series)
11:30 am - 12:30 pm Presentation Series II (three presentations per series)
12:30 - 1:30 pm Welcome Lunch (included)
1:45 - 2:45 pm Presentation III (three presentations per series)
2:45 - 3:00 pm Refreshment Break
3:00 - 4:00 pm Closing Keynote
Continuing Education will be available for the CPI. Details will be provided at a later date. Please see continuing education materials from the last CPI as examples of continuing education/agenda.
NCDA's Credentialing Commission has approved the CPI according to the Continuing Education Manual
NCDA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #1003. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of this program.
After the event, NCDA will send participants an electronic link to the evaluation form. After completion of the evaluation, the system will direct you to your online membership record where your continuing education transcript can be printed.
Optional Pre-Conference Professional Development Institutes (additional fee required to participate); 4 Continuing Education Hours
Thursday, October 15, 2020; 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thursday, October 15, 2020; 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Opening General Session - 9:00 - 10:00 am
Closing General Session - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Presentation Series I, 10:15 - 11:15 am
Presentation Series II, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Presentation Series III, 1:45 - 2:45 pm
What Is a Career Practitioner Institute?
NCDA offers these smaller, regional conferences for the purpose of
- gathering practitioners together for a day-long event at a low cost
- allowing state CDA leaders, NCDA Board members and representatives opportunities to present to and interact with smaller groups of practitioners
- showcasing NCDA products and benefits to both members and non-members
- offering CEUs (continuing education units) to practitioners who seek these
- convening Board meetings and state CDAs
What Are Participants Saying about NCDA Career Practitioner Institutes?
- "I enjoyed everything! Networking was terrific! Speakers were excellent! Location was wonderful. Being able to obtain 13 CEU's in 2 days while having fun, too!"
- "Two of the best things about the presentations were the thought provoking ideas and concepts and the competencies of the facilitators."
- "I enjoyed gaining new information and practices to re-energize my work."
- "As a new member, this was very beneficial... I learned about the many resources and training opportunities available to me personally, but also those that will be helpful in my work with my students."
National Career Development Association (NCDA) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 2015.
Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified.
NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Mark Your Calendars for future Career Practitioner Institutes:
October 16, 2020 - tba
February 26, 2021 - Westin Westminster (Denver area), Colorado
October 2021 - tba